Parsley has a fresh, earthy and slight peppery taste with natural aromatic oils in the leaves and stems. Parsley isn’t a dominating herb, it brightens flavours and adds balance to savoury dishes. Two of its best pairings are lemon and garlic. Check out this delicious and healthy dinner recipe that only needs 25 minutes from start to finish!
3 – 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 pound (450g) green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons butter, divided
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon (save other half for lemon slices)
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1. Combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Generously season chicken thighs and set aside while you prepare the green beans.
2. Arrange green beans in a microwave-safe dish with 1/2 cup (125ml) water. Cook in microwave for 8-10 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Lay seasoned chicken thighs in one layer and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and a cooking thermometer reads 165°F (75°C). If chicken browns too quickly, lower the heat. Adjust cooking time depending on thickness. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, lower the heat and melt remaining tablespoon of butter. Add the chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, chili pepper flakes, and green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and heat the sauce for a couple minutes to slightly thicken.
5. Add the chicken thighs back to the pan to quickly reheat. Serve immediately, garnished with more fresh parsley, and fresh lemon slices!
Recipe based on & Photo credit to: https://bit.ly/3ciEXFz