Over the past few weeks, Baked Feta Pasta has gone viral on social media all around the world, so we decided to give it a try too! This recipe takes minimal effort, creating a salty, cheesy pasta sauce with juicy tomatoes and fresh Freeman Herbs Organic Basil.
300 grams dried pasta of your choice (we used Cavatappi)
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
200 grams feta cheese
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup Freeman Herbs Fresh Organic Basil, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, minced (your preference)
¼ tsp salt & ¼ tsp pepper (your preference)
¼ tsp chili flakes (your preference)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a baking dish, combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and mix well.
2. Place the brick of feta in the centre of the tomatoes, not covering any underneath. Sprinkle with chili flakes and lightly drizzle the feta with more olive oil.
Bake for 40 minutes. Cherry tomatoes should burst, and cheese should soften.
3. While the feta bakes, boil your pasta in salted water according to package directions.
Drain and set aside.
4. After 40 minutes, remove dish from oven and stir tomatoes and feta together.
Add the chopped basil and cooked pasta.
5. Combine well and garnish with more basil! Enjoy!